Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup light molasses
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream sugar and shortening in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in Sue Bee Honey and molasses.
- Combine dry ingredients and add 1/2 to the creamed mixture; beat until moistened.
- With mixer running at low speed, blend in hot cider.
- Add remaining dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat for one minute on medium speed.
- Spread batter in a greased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 25 to 30 minutes or until a pick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Prepare glaze by stirring apple jelly and apple cider together in a small pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Spoon hot glaze over the cake and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Top with whipped cream or a mixture of 8 oz whipped cream and 1/2 cup sour cream and sprinkled with a little bit of cinnamon or ginger.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/