Prep Time:2 hours
Cook Time:2 hours
Servings: 1 Loaf
1 teaspoon Sue Bee Honey
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup lukewarm milk
4 tablespoons butter
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon milk
1. Combine the yeast, honey, milk, and butter, stir, and leave for 15 mintues to dissolve.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Make a well in the center and add the yeast mixture and egg. With a wooden spoon, stir from the center, incorporating flour with each turn, to obtain a rough dough.
3. Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic. Place in a clean bowl, cover, and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 1/2 hours.
4. Grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and divide into three equal pieces. Roll to shape each piece into a long thin strip.
5. Begin braiding from the center strip, tucking in the ends. Cover loosely and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 375*F. Place the bread in a cool place while oven heaats. Brush with the glaze and bake until golden, 40 to 45 minutes. Set on a rack to cool completely.