Prep Time:45 min
Cook Time:45 min
Servings: SERVES 4
1 1/2 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey
1 tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 large acorn squash
1/2 large onion
1 stalk celery
1 large carrot
1 teaspoon pepper
1. In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the carrot, celery and onions and saut for about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not burn the butter.
2. Add squash, chicken stock and cinnamon and cover and simmer until squash is soft, about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Using a food processor or hand blender puree the soup until smooth.
4. Return to heat and stir in the tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Whip the cream until lightly whipped. Add the honey.
6. Divide soup into 4 bowls and swirl in the honey-cream.