Acorn Squash Soup With Honey and Cinnamon
Write a review
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large acorn squash
- 1/2 large onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat melt the butter. Add the carrot, celery and onions and saut for about 4 to 5 minutes. Do not burn the butter.
- Add squash, chicken stock and cinnamon and cover and simmer until squash is soft, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Using a food processor or hand blender puree the soup until smooth.
- Return to heat and stir in the tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whip the cream until lightly whipped. Add the Sue Bee Honey.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls and swirl in the honey-cream.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/