Apple Raisin Bread Pudding
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces or cubes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat over to 350 F.
- 2. Butter an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine Sue Bee® Honey, milk, eggs, butter, cinnamon and salt. Fold in the bread cubes, apple and raisins.
- 4. Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- 5. Bake pudding for 30 minutes, sprinkle with topping. Bake about 35 more minutes until the center is set.
- 6. Remove from oven and spoon into bowls. Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg topping and set aside – this mixture will be sprinkled on top of the bread pudding after baking.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/