Apricot, Coconut and Almond Bars
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 10 x 15" cookie sheet.Combine water, sugar and apricots in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the apricots are tender and plump(about 15 minutes).
- Drain apricots and return to the pan.
- Add Sue Bee Honey, butter, brown sugar and salt and cook until butter is just melted; transfer to a bowl.
- Spread the coconut and almonds on separate baking sheets and toast for 6 to 7 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Stir the coconut and almonds into the apricot mixture along with the oats and flour.
- Spread the mixture in the cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/