Braised Chicken With Lemon and Honey
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 5/8 kg whole chickens
- 1 red onion
- 12 whole garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- fresh oregano leaves
- In a large, deep frypan over high heat, add oil and chicken.
- Cook chicken, turning only once, for approximately 5-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove chicken to a plate; set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and cook for 1 minute; add garlic and cook for another minute.
- Return chicken to pan; add the lemon, chicken stock and Sue Bee Honey.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, place cover on pan and simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Preheat broiler.
- Increase heat to medium and simmer sauce, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes to thicken.
- Place chicken under a hot broiler for 3-4 minutes until crisp.
- Place chicken on serving platter, top with sauce and fresh oregano leaves.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/