Bulgur Pudding with Honey and Dates
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup fine bulgur
- 1/3 cup dried currant
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- ice cream
- Combine the bulgur and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to medium, and cook uncovered, stirring frequently, until the water is absorbed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the milk, 1/4 cup of Sue Bee Honey, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, uncovered, at a gentle boil, stirring occasionally, until the mixture develops the consistency of porridge, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the walnuts, dates, and currants.
- Sweeten with additional honey, if desired.
- Serve warm in bowls.
- Top with a scoop of ice cream, if you wish.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/