Carrot and Zucchini Bars With Citrus-Cream Cheese Frosting
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups carrots
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, ginger and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, combine Sue Bee Honey, eggs, carrot, zucchini, oil, vanilla, walnuts and raisins, if used.
- Add carrot mixture to flour mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Spread batter into an ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost and store in the refrigerator.
- Cut into bars to serve.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Fold in lemon/orange zest.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/