Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4-1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Blend Sue Bee Honey, oil, applesauce and vanilla; add eggs and blend well.
- Add bananas to oil mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with water and mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Pour into two greased 5x9 loaf pans and bake at 325 F for 60-65 minutes, or until tests done; remove to rack to cool for 20-25 minutes, then remove from pans to finish cooling.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/