Cocoa Honey Cake
Write a review
- 2/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325 F, and lightly grease 8 x 4 loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with greased parchment paper.
- Whisk flour with cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Place beaten eggs in another bowl, and add Sue Bee Honey and sugar, beating until smooth and light in color. Gradually beat in oil until blended. Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture alternating with juice (or water).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and top with sliced almonds.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until pick comes out clean after inserting in center of the cake.
- Cool 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and peel off paper.
- Wrap in plastic when completely cool, then in foil.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/