Cookies from Zimbabwe
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely grated raw sweet potato
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cream together butter and sugar in bowl.
- Blend in Sue Bee Honey, lemon zest, nutmeg and egg.
- Fold in sweet potato.
- In separate bowl; sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add it to the first mixture and blend well.
- Arrange cookie dough by rounded teaspoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes.
- To make glaze, use a wooden spoon to combine all ingredients in glass container until smooth.
- Add more water by the drop until glaze is easy to spread on cooled cookies.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/