Corn, Tomato and Black Bean Salsa
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 6 large coarsely chopped ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons red chili honey
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 jalapeno chilis
- 1/2 teaspoon lightly toasted,freshly ground cumin seed
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
To make red chili honey
- Mix Sue Bee Honey, red chili powder, cumin and garlic salt.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan on low heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
To make salsa
- Lightly saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until soft.
- Mix the chopped cilantro, cumin seed, jalapeno, vinegar, honey, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the corn, tomatoes, black beans and sauteed ingredients.
- Stir to combine thoroughly.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/