Tammy Brownlow’s Country Spiced Honey Pear Pie entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Country Spiced Honey Pear Pie
Write a review
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
- 5 Ripened large anjou pears
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Aunt Sue's Raw-Wild Natural Honey
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Unroll pie crust onto pie plate and crimp edges.
- In a medium mixing bowl add peeled, cored, and thick sliced pears. Add raisins and spices.
- Pour Sue Bee Honey over fruit and sprinkle with spices and salt.
- Stir with a spatula to distribute honey and spices.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and stir to combine. Pour fruit and honey mixture into pie crust. Top with flour and brown sugar mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until pie is golden and bubbly. Let cool on a wire rack until ready to serve.
- Great served warm or room temperature.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/