Giant Sugar Cookies
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lime juice or almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Beat together butter, shortening and sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in Sue Bee Honey, egg, vanilla and flavoring.
- At low speeds beat in dry ingredients until blended.
- Fill a 1/4 measuring cup with dough; shape into a ball and roll in sugar until coated.
- Place sugar coated balls on a cookie sheet, four to a sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Cool about 5 minutes before removing cookies from sheet.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/