Greek Walnut Pie
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 (15 ounce) box pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325 F Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with cooking spray. Make pie crusts as directed on box for Two-Crust Pie using sprayed pie pan.
- In medium bowl, mix walnuts, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Pour and evenly spread 1/4 cup of the cooled melted butter over bottom of pie crust. Spread walnut mixture evenly over butter. Drizzle another 1/4 cup butter over nut mixture.
- Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut large slits in several places in top crust for steam to escape. Drizzle remaining 1/4 cup butter evenly over top crust.
- Bake at 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. About 5 minutes before removing pie from oven, in 1-quart saucepan, cook Sue Bee Honey and lemon juice over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture has a watery consistency.
- Remove pie from oven; place on wire rack. Slowly pour hot honey mixture evenly over top of hot pie, making sure it seeps into slits in top crust. Cool at least 3 hours before serving.
- Just before serving, in small bowl with electric mixer, beat topping ingredients on high speed about 2 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Spoon topping onto individual servings of pie.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/