Hearty Honey-Glazed Meatloaf
Write a review
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Honey Glaze (below)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine meats, onion, garlic, basil, parsley, salt, pepper and beaten eggs. Mix until all ingredients are blended.
- 3. Place in a baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking oil, shaping meat into a loaf.
- 4. Bake at for 40-45 minutes.
- 5. Prepare Honey Glaze.
Honey Glaze for Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1. In a small pan combine all the ingredients and heat to boil.
- 2. Remove meatloaf from the oven and spread the honey mixture over the top of it; return to the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- 3. Remove meatloaf from the oven and let stand or rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/