Make this delicious, homemade Honey Apple Pie for yourself using fresh apples and delicious Sue Bee Honey!
Honey Apple Pie
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2-3 small Granny Smith apples
- 1 medium-sized Pink Lady apples
- 1 medium-sized Golden Delicious Apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 - 9" pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease a pie tin and fill it with one of the pie crusts.
- Pare, core and thinly slice Granny Smith apples; steam for three minutes.
- Pare, core and thinly slice Pink Lady and Golden Delicious apples.
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to apples and toss until well coated.
- Drizzle Sue Bee Honey over apples.
- Fill the bottom crust with the apple filling.
- Place the top crust over the filling. Trim the edges and pinch it with the bottom crust to seal it.
- Cut vents in the top crust for steam.
- Cover edges with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes at 350.
- Remove foil and bake for more 25 minutes.
- Allow to sit until cool.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/