Donna-Marie Ryan’s Honey Cinnamon Cherry Scones entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Cinnamon Cherry Scones
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup cinnamon chips
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon sparkling sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the dry ingredients. Pulse until the butter is pea size. Do not over mix at this stage (the dough will lump up).
- Slowly add the buttermilk and Sue Bee Honey and pulse only to combine. Then add in the cinnamon chips and cherries and pulse 2-3 times.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface to pull it together and pat into an 8-inch lined baking dish.
- Flip out of the dish and divide into 8 equal pieces. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Cut pieces in half, forming triangles.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until golden and done.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/