Looking for the perfect side dish for your summer BBQ?
Try this recipe for Honey Dijon Pasta Salad!
Honey Dijon Pasta Salad
Leftovers from the weekly Sunday roast dinner often provide sliced roast beef, ham or turkey to serve for lunch or even a quick dinner on a busy Monday at our house. Mondays are sometimes a bit of a food free for all around here. With the scattered timing all the after school and early evening activities the kids are involved in a sit down hot meal is not always possible. That's when a quickly put together pasta salad is most appreciated as fuel-to-go.
Write a review
- 3 cups cooked pasta, (i.e. fusilli, penne, rotini...)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup deseeded cucumber, diced small
- 3 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- HONEY DIJON SALAD DRESSING
- 1 lemon, juice and finely grated zest
- 2 tbsp whole grain Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to season
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour over the other ingredients and toss together well.
- Chill well.
- Keeps a couple of days in the fridge.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/