Honey-Ginger Baked Beets
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 8 medium beets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper
- Scrub beets but do not peel.
- Place beets in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 40 minutes, or until just tender. Drain.
- When cool enough to handle, peel beets, cut into quarters and place them in a oven-proof casserole dish, with a lid.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and mix in Sue Bee Honey and ginger. Season with salt and pepper and pour over beets.
- Cover with lid and bake 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beets are well glazed.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/