Honey Lime Oat Muffins
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oat
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line 12 cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, oats, yogurt, milk, butter and lime peel in large bowl; mix well and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Combine dry ingredients, mixing well (or sifting to mix well).
- Stir egg whites into the oats mixture until well blended.Add flour mixture to oats; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 to 24 minutes or until light golden-brown.
- Let muffins sit a few minutes then remove from pan and cool slightly.
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, lime juice and lime peel in a small bowl.
- Dip muffin tops in glaze and let cool completely.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/