Erin Fesperman’s Honey Strawberry Stacks entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Strawberry Stacks
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled, sliced into fourths
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon arrowroot
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup whipping cream the other half of the vanilla bean
- 3 Tablespoons confectioners sugar
- Belgian Butter Waffle Cookies
To make strawberry filling
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries, Sue Bee Honey, lemon juice, orange zest, and arrowroot.
- Cook over med low heat until bubbly and thickened. Stir in half of seeds from the vanilla bean.
- Let cool in the refrigerator.
To make whipped cream
- In a chilled metal or glass bowl, using chilled beaters, whip the cream with the powdered sugar until soft peaks.
- Stir in the other half of the beans from the vanilla pod.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Place a waffle cookie on a plate and spoon over some cooled strawberry filling.
- Add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Add another cookie and repeat. Eat!
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/