Honey Teriyaki Sauce for Grilled Meats
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 green onions
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 orange, juice of
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil.
- Add in garlic and ginger; saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add in soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar and sesame oil; cook and stir over medium heat until sauce is bubbly, and the sugar has melted (should take about 3-4 minutes).
- Add in the green onions juice of one orange and the cornstarch (mixed with 1 tbsp cold water); whisk until the sauce has thickened and is ""glistening"".
- Remove from heat.
- Pour/drizzle over grilled meats or poultry.
- Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/