Brenda Washnock’s Honey Toffee Sconey entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Toffee Sconey
Write a review
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cups toffee bits
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the cream, Sue Bee Honey and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice; fold in the toffee bits.
- On a lightly floured work surface, gently knead the dough just until it comes together.
- Pat into a 9-inch round, a scant 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges and arrange them 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the scones for 20 to 25 minutes, until slightly firm and lightly browned on the bottom, pale on top.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl place 4 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate.
- Warm in a sauce pan 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- Pour the heated cream into the semi-sweet chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the ganache over the scones and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/