Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 2 cups oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- Boil walnuts in 5 cups water for 10 minutes; drain.
- Place walnuts and 1/2 cup sugar into 2 pints of boiling water. Boil for another 10 minutes.
- Remove walnuts from water and coat with Sue Bee Honey.
- Heat 2 cups oil until almost smoking, then fry walnuts until they are shiny and brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove and place on cookie sheet to cool.
- Mix cornstarch and egg whites together to form a thick, sticky mixture. Mix shrimp into this mixture and set aside.
- Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and condensed milk in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1/2 cup oil and deep fry shrimp until golden.
- Drain shrimp and then fold into mayonnaise sauce.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/