Whole Wheat Bread Like Outback
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 2/3 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cornmeal cornmeal
- Place all ingredients in a bread machine in the order listed above and use the dough setting.
- When it is done, let it rise for about an hour.
- When the dough is twice its original size, punch it down and split it into rolls.
- If you want authentic Outback size, make about 8 tubular loaves.
- I prefer to make 12 rolls.
- The dough is sticky, so make sure you use a well-floured cookie sheet and plenty of flour on your hands.
- Sprinkle the entire surface of the loaves with cornmeal and then let them rise again.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes at 350.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/