Indonesian Ginger Chicken
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 8-9 chicken pieces
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup finely minced ginger
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- Heat Sue Bee Honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger in small saucepan on medium heat for five minutes.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in appropriately sized casserole.
- Pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate overnight or for at LEAST 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook chicken, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, turn chicken pieces over, increase heat to 375 F, and cook for 30-40 minutes longer, basting occasionally.
- Make sure that the sauce does not cover chicken, and only reaches about halfway up.
- This will let the skin get crispy and gorgeously dark.
- I love this with rice (cooked with vegetable stock), fresh cilantro and lime juice, and mango salad.
- To freeze: Place chicken and sauce ingredients in a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw in fridge and proceed with cooking directions.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/