Jamaican Spice Bun Bread
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark stout beer
- 1 (6 ounce) package orange-flavored craisins
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon browning sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) package craisins
- Warm beer on low heat; add Sue Bee Honey, browning sauce, brown sugar, molasses, jam and butter. Stir until dissolved.
- Allow mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Sift together all dry ingredients. Mix in fruits.
- Add melted beer mixture. Stir together.
- Pour into two greased bread pans. Bake at 350 F oven for about 1 hour.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/