Low Fat Honey Banana Bread
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin pie spice; mix well.
- Add Sue Bee Honey, banana and milk.
- Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Coat an 8x4 inch loaf pan (double recipe if using a larger pan to avoid a drying out the bread) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or just until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Invert the loaf onto a wire rack, right side up. Cool before slicing and serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/