Marinated Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 6 portobella mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- With a damp cloth or paper towel, wipe the portobellas to clean them.
- Remove the stems, chop and set aside.
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients together and place into a Ziplock bag.
- Add the mushroom caps and seal.
- Arrange the bag so that all of the portobellas are in contact with the marinade;marinate for at least 10 minutes but closer to 20.
- To make the stuffing, begin heating olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add reserved mushroom stems, onions, celery and garlic.
- Cook until veggies start to soften a bit.
- Add chicken and cook until done, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Stir in rice, sage, 1/4 cup parmesan, salt and pepper and mix well.
- If it is a little dry, you can mix in a tablespoon or so of broth or wine.
- Remove portobellas from the Ziplock bag and discard remaining marinade.
- With a paper towel, pat the portobellas to remove excess moisture.
- Turn them over so that the gill sides are facing up and place in an oven safe pan.
- Stuff each mushroom with about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the stuffing.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of Parmesan on top.
- Pour the chicken broth in the bottom of pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until the portobellas are done.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/