Vanessa Mills’ New Mexican Bread Pudding entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
New Mexican Bread Pudding
Write a review
- 1/2 loaf cheese bread - cut into even cubes and 'stale'
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1-1/2 cups cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 cup lightly toasted pinions
- 1 whole Hatch chile - roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped
Asiago Tequila Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese - grated
- In a double boiler mix cream, Sue Bee Honey and egg yolks. Whisk while bringing up to a temp of 170 degrees and the mix turns into custard.
- Butter a 5 x 9 baking dish. Line half of the bread cubes in the bottom of the baking dish - add the pinions, corn and green chile. Top with the rest of the bread cubes. Pour the warm custard over the bread, wrap and refrigerate over night.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Use a water bath to bake the bread pudding approximately 45 minutes - or until golden and spongy.
- Using the double boiler, whisk the Sue Bee Honey, butter, cream and egg yolk up until it thickens. Gradually add the Asiago cheese - continuing to whisk.
- When the cheese is completely incorporated into the sauce, turn off the heat and whisk in the tequila.
- Let the bread pudding sit for a few minutes before cutting. Top with the cheese sauce and serve warm.
- Any left over pudding and sauce can be kept wrapped in the fridge and reheated to serve.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/