Oat and Fig Squares
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 24 dried mission figs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oat
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F .
- Put figs in a small saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and let figs soften for 5-7 minutes. Do not drain.
- Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix Sue Bee Honey, canola oil and milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, baking soda, and salt; add wet ingredients, then mix well.
- Remove softened figs from water and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add 3 tablespoons of water and puree until smooth.
- Place a little more than half of the oat mixture in the prepared pan and spread evenly across the bottom.
- Spread figs evenly on top. Add remaining oat mixture on top of fig layer, allowing some of the figs to show through.
- Pat lightly to flatten.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/