Linda Hall’s Peanut Butter and Honey Caramel Tart entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Peanut Butter and Honey Caramel Tart
Write a review
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey, 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 tablespoon butter together in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat without stirring until mixture reaches firm ball stage (about 245 to 250 F) on a candy thermometer. Transfer caramel to a bowl and refrigerate, stirring every 1 to 2 minutes. Do not allow honey-caramel to set completely; it should be cooled but still liquid when you use it..
- Microwave the remaining 1/4 cup butter and 2 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey in a small microwavable dish on high for 1 minute, or until the butter is nearly completely melted. Combine the cookie crumbs and butter mixture in a medium bowl, stirring until the crumbs are well-moistened. Pat mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a 10-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Refrigerate while preparing the tart filling.
- Beat the remaining 3/4 cup whipping cream in the bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment until it forms medium peaks. Remove from bowl and set aside. In the same mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth, scraping bowl as needed. Fold half of the reserved whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream until no streaks are visible.
- Drizzle half of honey caramel onto the bottom of the crust in the tart pan. Top with peanut butter mixture and gently smooth to form an even layer. Drizzle remaining honey caramel over top and cut the caramel through the peanut butter mixture using the blade of a butter knife to create a marble effect. Refrigerate 1 hour or until tart is set. Serve with additional whipped cream and chopped peanuts, if desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/