Pear Cake With Lemon-Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 cups coarsely grated peeled bosc pears
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans with 1 1/2 inch high sides.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices in large bowl.
- Make well in center of flour mixture.
- Add oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; Whisk just until evenly moistened.
- Fold in pears and nuts and divide between pans; Bake cakes for about 45 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon peel in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add Sue Bee Honey and beat until smooth.
- If frosting is very soft, chill until firm enough to spread.
- Place 1 cake layer, flat side up on a platter.
- Spread 1 cup frosting on cake.
- Top with second layer with flat side down.
- Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/