Pecan Pie Bars With Shortbread Crust
Write a review
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Set oven to 350 F, set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a processor blend all ingredients until mixture begins to form small clumps.
- Sprinkle the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Lightly press the mixture down with a spatula (do not pat down too much).
- Bake in the second-lowest oven rack for 20 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling/topping: In a heavy saucepan melt butter and stir in brown sugar, honey and whipping cream; simmer mixture for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour the pecan mixture over hot shortbread crust and spread evenly in the pan.
- Bake on the second-lowest oven rack for about 20-22 minutes.
- Cool completely in the pan. These bars will cut better if refrigerated.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/