Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/4 lbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 cups light brown sugar
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 lbs pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- For the crust, beat the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, until light, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla and mix well. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the batter with the mixer on low speed until just combined.
- Press the dough evenly into an ungreased 18 x 12 baking sheet, making an edge around the outside. It will be very sticky; sprinkle the dough and your hands lightly with flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until the crust is set but not browned.
- Allow to cool.
- For the topping, combine the butter, Sue Bee Honey, brown sugar, and zests in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until the butter is melted, using a wooden spoon to stir.
- Raise the heat and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the heavy cream and pecans.
- Pour over the crust, trying not to get the filling between the crust and the pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut into bars.
- Dip one end in chocolate, if desired.
- Flatten cupcake papers and top each with a bar.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/