Pumpkin Caramel Flan
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) can carnation fat-free evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place 8" square baking dish into 13x9 inch baking dish, fill outer dish with hot water to 3/4 inch depth.
- Heat sugar in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and golden brown, pour into square dish.
- Working quickly, remove square dish from water, swirl melted sugar around bottom and sides of dish to coat, return dish to water.
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, eggs, egg whites, pumpkin, spice, vanilla and salt in medium bowl, add evaporated milk and mix well.
- Pour into prepared square baking dish.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, remove dish from water and cool on wire rack, refrigerate for 4 or more hours.
- Run a small spatula around edge of dish, place large plate over dish and turn over, shaking gently to release.
- Cut into quarters diagonally, cut each quarter into half to form triangles.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/