Pumpkin Soup with Honey and Cloves
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large carrots
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 lbs pumpkin
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 5 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Melt butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, celery and onion; saute until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, 6 cups stock and cloves.
- Cover and simmer until pumpkin is very tender, about 25 minutes, then discard cloves.
- Pour soup in batches in blender.
- Return to Dutch oven.
- Stir in Sue Bee Honey and cream; bring to simmer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Swirl a little cream decoratively into each bowl of soup for an elegant presentation.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/