Refrigerator Bran Muffins
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup whole all-bran cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 carrots
- 1 apple
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- In 2 or 3 quart container with a cover, stir together the bran cereal and boiling water.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the Sue Bee Honey, oil, sugar, apple and carrots.
- Beat the eggs into the mixture.
- Mix in the buttermilk.
- Combine the bran mixture and the oil mixture.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the bran mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight before baking.
- These muffins can baked as needed at 400 F for 20-25 minutes.
- The batter will keep in your refrigerator tightly covered for up to 4 weeks.
- The batter may get a film over top of it, but I just stir them up and bake them.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/