Rustic Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup oatmeal
- In your mixer, combine 1 1/2 cup bread flour, yeast, cinnamon and salt.
- Heat water, Sue Bee Honey and maple syrup in a saucepan over low heat until it reaches 120-130 F.
- Using low speed, slowly add water mixture to flour mixture. Mix on medium speed until there are no lumps, about 2-3 minutes.
- With your mixer on low speed, add wheat flour and oatmeal half a cup at a time.
- Add remaining bread flour half a cup at a time until dough clears the side of the bowl. Dough will be sticky.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth (approximately 5 minutes) adding the raisins as you go along. Add more flour 1 tablespoon at a time as necessary.
- Turn into oiled bowl and flip dough so that top of dough is oiled. Cover and let rise until double, approximately 60-90 minutes.
- Using lightly oiled hands, turn out dough and shape into 2 small round loaves and place on greased baking sheet OR 1 large loaf and place in 9x5 bread ban, cover and let rise 60-90 minutes.
- If you like a softer crust, brush tops of loaves with oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 F and bake for 40-45 minutes. Check bread after 30 minutes and cover with foil if its getting too dark on top. If making two smaller loaves, they may be done sooner.
- Remove bread from pans and cool completely on a wire rack.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/