Spicy Screamin Szechuan Stir Fry
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 12 ounces seitan
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoot
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 3/4 cup carrot
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups straw mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 scallions
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red chile
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot chili oil
- 3-6 tablespoons water
- 2 red chilies
- 2 yellow chili peppers
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3-4 tablespoons garlic and red chile paste
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 3-4 teaspoons szechuan seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- cayenne cayenne
- 1-3 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 yellow chili pepper
- Mix together the Sue Bee Honey, diced chilies, soy sauce, chili garlic paste and vinegars until well blended.
- Add the szechuan seasoning, ginger, cayenne, and garlic.
- Stir to mix.
- add the oils, mix, and then water down to desired spiciness.
- Marinate the seitan / chicken / tofu for at least 2 hours, preferably 4-6.
- Shake or turn occasionally to ensure even flavor distribution.
- Heat the oil in your wok.
- Add scallions, garlic, and chilies and stir fry to season.
- Add the marinated chicken and about 1/3 of the sauce.
- Saute on high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Add carrots, water chestnuts, and celery; stir fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 more of the marinade sauce.
- Add broccoli, bamboo shoots, mushrooms and bell peppers.
- Saute for 3-5 minutes.
- If you desire, thicken the remaining marinate sauce with 2 tsp cornstarch and stir fry for an additional 1-3 minutes after adding.
- Serve over hot whole wheat spaghetti or brown rice.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/