Kara Culpepper’s Spicy-Sweet Honey-Orange Chicken and Rice entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Spicy-Sweet Honey-Orange Chicken and Rice
Write a review
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- Place orange juice, water, rice, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Have other rice ingredients ready to go, but in the meantime prepare chicken while rice is cooking.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken and brown about 10 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Add orange marmalade, Sue Bee Honey, and Sriracha to pan and stir to coat chicken.
- Stir remaining rice ingredients into hot rice and taste for salt and pepper.
- Spoon rice onto a platter. Top with glazed chicken breasts and garnish with sliced green onion over chicken.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/