Spinach Pear Salad
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb smoky thick slab bacon
- 12 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- 6 cups loosely packed frisee
- 2/3 cup red onion
- 3 small pears
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 bunches grapes
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Curried Cashews: Preheat oven to 400 ; toast cashews on baking sheet for 8-10 minutes or until golden; combine remaining ingredients; add hot cashews, toss until coated; set aside to cool.
- Honey-Sesame Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients and whisk until emulsified.
- Salad: Cut bacon into 1/2" pieces and cook until crisp.
- Put greens, onions and sliced pears in a bowl and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat everything well.
- Place salad on six plates; sprinkle each with bacon and curried cashews; garnish with cluster of grapes placed at the side of each plate.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/