Clara's Henningsens's favorite Sue Bee recipe!
1 1/2 cups Sue Bee® Honey
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
2 cups peeled and grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
2. Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
3. Add the oil, Sue Bee Honey, buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
4. Add flour mixture, pineapple, carrots and nuts and stir well.
5. Pour into two 8-inch round pans sprayed with nonstick coating.
6. Bake 35-40 minutes at 325 F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Cool on racks for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
9. Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup of frosting.
10. Top with remaining cake layer; spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
4 cups powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.