What is YOUR favorite kind of cake? Chocolate? Red Velvet? Angel Food?
Well, we’ve got a treat for the Carrot Lovers … delicious Sue Bee Honey Carrot Cake!
Sue Bee Honey Carrot Cake
Clara Henningsen's favorite Sue Bee recipe!
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 2 cups peeled and grated carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the oil, Sue Bee Honey, buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour mixture, pineapple, carrots and nuts and stir well.
- Pour into two 8-inch round pans sprayed with nonstick coating.
- Bake 35-40 minutes at 325 F or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely on racks.
- Place one cake layer on serving plate; spread top with 1 cup of frosting.
- Top with remaining cake layer; spread top and sides of cake with remaining frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Beat all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/