Sue Bee Honey Caramel Apples
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large- or 6 medium-sized red apples, chilled
- 4-6 bamboo skewers
- Insert skewers into apple stems. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine Sue Bee Honey, heavy cream and salt and stir occasionally until boiling.
- Reduce heat and carefully continue stirring until mixture reaches 260 F on a candy thermometer up to 30 minutes.
- Remove honey caramel mixture from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool and thicken, stirring occasionally. If caramel becomes too thick, return mixture to medium heat and stir.
- Wipe the apples dry and dip them into the caramel one by one by holding the skewer, tilting and rolling until the apple is completely covered. Set apples on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper to cool.
- Refrigerate for up to 20 minutes before serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/