Sue Bee Honey Chicken Kabobs
Write a review
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 2 small onions, quartered
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 1 2/3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 8 wooden 10-inch skewers
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, vinegar and mustard in medium bowl.
- Remove half of the honey mixture, place in small saucepan and set aside.
- Add chicken strips to remaining honey mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to marinate, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water to honey mixture in saucepan and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat 8 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and translucent.
- Stir in poppy seeds; set aside.
- Spray grate of outdoor grill with no-stick cooking spray.
- Position grate 4 to 6 inches from heat source.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- Thread chicken, accordion style, onto skewers, with pieces of red and green peppers, squash, onion and mushrooms.
- Grill 3 minutes on each side, or until chicken strips are no longer pink in center, brushing frequently with the honey and poppy seed mixture.
Sue Bee Honey http://suebee.com/