While turkey and pumpkin pie may steal most of the Thanksgiving dinner headlines, no meal would be complete without some tasty sides to go with them. Sue Bee® Honey can help give many dishes an added flavor that provides plenty of sweetness without sacrificing any savoriness. Check out some of our favorites below!
Sue Bee® Honey Spiced Sweet Potatoes
1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. In a large bowl mix Sue Bee® Honey, sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, chopped pecans, oil, pumpkin pie spice and pepper.
3. Transfer to a large baking dish and bake in oven for 30 minutes.
4. Stir the potatoes to expose the pieces from the bottom of the pan.
5. Turn heat up to 450 F until sweet potatoes reach desired consistency – about five minutes.
3/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
1 medium orange, unpeeled
1. Quarter and slice unpeeled orange, removing seeds.
2. Coarsely chop orange and cranberries.
3. Place in medium saucepan and stir in Sue Bee® Honey.
4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
5. Cook 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Serve warm over sliced turkey, ham or pork tenderloin.
Honey-Mustard Green Beans from Parenting.com
Honey-Glazed Carrots from Betty Crocker
Honey Potato Rolls from Foodie with Family