No summer celebration is complete without shortcake! Our Fourth of July Shortcakes can be topped with blueberries and strawberries for the perfect color combination and a delicious Sue Bee Honey Whipped Cream!
3 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup shortening
1-1/2 cups milk
1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
2. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Add milk all at once and stir 20 to 30 strokes with a fork.
4. Form into ball on lightly floured surface.
5. Gently knead dough 15 times.
6. Divide dough in half.
7. Roll to 1/4inch thickness.
8. Cut with 3 to 3-1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
9. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425F 15 to 18 minutes or until top browns.
10. Cool biscuits, slice in half and top with Sue Bee Honey Whipped Cream, fresh strawberries and blueberries.
11. Makes twelve shortcakes.
Sue Bee Honey Whipped Cream
1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
2 cups whipping cream
1. Whip cream to soft peaks; slowly add Sue Bee Honey and whip to stiff peaks.